Saturday, December 8, 2007


These are some of my rail fence blocks done for the mystery from Quiltville. I went a little overboard and ended up making 200 instead of 100. Guess I will make two quilts instead of one. Now I know how I end up with so many UFOs. I get zooming along with my machine, and before I know it, I have twice what I need. Hence, a new UFO is born.
I am well on my way through step 2 of the mystery. I have been sewing strips and sub-cutting the different units since Thursday. Just counted and have amost all I need for the next block segment. At this rate, I may have them done by next weekend.
While I am working on this mystery, I am using as a leader/ender project some string blocks that I am turning into stars blocks. The string stars will be another quilt for the homeless shelter. No surprise, again, I have two string star quilts in progress at the same time.
I am going to try and figure out how to put lists on the side of this blog, eventually. I would like to list the UFOs that I would like to get done in 2008. I cannot list all my UFOs. There would not be enough space. LOL
Darlene

3 comments:

Khris said...

Wow 200. You are good Darlene. Isn't this mystery quilt fun though. Hugs, Khris

KatB said...

Hi Darlene,
Your mystery blocks look great! I love the red and blue.
Isn't this fun?
KathyB in eastern PA

Mary Johnson said...

I'm watching this mystery rather than playing along. Once it's over I may choose to make a smaller version.