Wednesday, February 4, 2009

January's stats

Hi All,



I am a few days late posting my January totals. Here they are...


1. Used 81.5 yards of fabric
2. Spent 75.5 hours doing something quilty
3. Finished and delivered one quilt
4. got several donation quilts to the finished top stage.





This is a picture of a Happy Block top I finished. This measures about 43" by 53". This was made with a stack of 5" squares I had left over from making "I Spy" quilts a few years ago. All the framing fabrics came from stash. A very easy way to use up scraps.
This second quilt is about 36" square and made out of flannel. I have a friend expecting her first baby and she knows it is a boy. I thought this would be great until I finished the top. That is when I noticed the words on the basketball flannel say Varsity Girls!!!! After my husband and I finished laughing, back to my flannel stash I went and this third picture is the top of the baby quilt I will send her.

For the last several days, I have been sub-cutting strips that I sewed last week. Been pinning them into 4 patches while I watch TV. Also, have been squaring up HSTs. Will soon begin constructing the blocks for the pattern, Idaho Beauty, from the book, "More Nickel Quilts".
What have you been doing lately??
Darlene

2 comments:

Sweet P said...

Great job on the quilts! Have fun sewing with Mavie this weekend. DH will be traveling a lot in March, we'll have to get together again.

Betty J in OKC said...

I forgot how many Happy Blocks it takes to make a twin/throw sized quilt. Thanks for letting me know. Your old quilting friend~~~