Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tops finished and goals met.

Hello,



I am back again. Sunday, I spent a fun day sewing with some friends. I got three kid's tops done and the blocks for a fourth. Today, I put borders on two of those tops and got the fourth top all done.






This first photo is bright flowers bordered with blue and pink. I purchased the border fabric at a quilt shop that is closing down. Otherwise, all the fabric came from stash. The top measures 41" square. A nice size baby quilt. This will be bound with the pink. I used all the floral fabric and all the blue. Any left over pink fabric got sliced into 2.5" strips and put aside for more Happy Blocks.





This second quilt measures 40" by 48". The center squares are ballet slippers. All the fabric came from stash. This will be bound with the purple fabric. I used all the focus fabric.





This third top has fairy fabric for the center squares and border. The peachy pink and green really compliment the focus fabric. This quilt measures 40" by 48" and was made all from stash. This will be bound with the green. After cutting the binding, there was nothing left of any of these fabrics except a few small scraps.





This fourth top uses the same pink and purple as the ballet top. The focus squares are done with Pink Panther fabric. This quilt will be bound with the pink. It measures 40" by 57".



After cutting the binding strips from the pink and purple fabrics, there was only a small amount of the purple fabric left. I cut that into a 2.5" strip and put that in the project bag for Happy Blocks. I had enough of the pink fabric left to cut into 12 - 2.5" strips. Those have been set aside to be combined with another co-ordinating fabric for another planned top.


Between these four tops, I have used 6.5 yards of fabric. All, but a half yard of that, came from stash.


One of my goals last week was to get the borders on a string quilt. This top is now ready for quilting. Plan on binding it in the green. It measure 84" by 108".

One of my goals two weeks ago was to get the borders on my NYE mystery. I did, but never posted a picture of the finished top, so here it is. I put a thin light green border and then a larger border of the focus fabric. I will bind this one with the dark green.



Well, I think that is all that I have accomplished since the last time. My only goal this week is to make a baby quilt for a friend who I have watched grown up. She is having her first baby.

What have you all been doing??

Darlene

4 comments:

Sweet P said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous quilts! You are using up a lot of stash.

Becky said...

All your quilts are so beautiful. Don't you just love Happy Blocks? I had read your post about your DH starting blocks to my DH, and so he was impressed to see the resulting quilt. Thanks for a nice morning of eye candy.

Mary Johnson said...

I just love that bright green center to your string quilt...gorgeous!

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on all your progress - you're stitching up a storm!! The green centres on the string blocks looks brilliant :)