Saturday, January 17, 2009

Quilt Done!!!

I just finished putting the binding on this quilt. It measures 72" by 97". I have had this top done for a year or more. Ran out of batting before Christmas, so this had to wait until Joann's had their sale over New Year's weekend.


This second photo was taken while I was pin basting the quilt. My ever faithful companion, Smokey, always likes to try out the quilts first. They get her "Meow" of approval.

I had three goals for this week....

1. tidy up an area of my sewing space - I had to clear this table off in order to baste, so check, one done.

2. quilt and bind the batiks squares - as you can see by the picture, check, two done.

3. put borders on NYE mystery quilt - I have the borders all pieced. Plan on getting them attached tomorrow.

Not bad for reaching my goals this week. Will post an updated photo of the NYE mystery tomorrow after I put the borders on.

Goals for the week of Jan. 18 - 25

1. Press Happy Blocks and put one top together

2. Work on UFO - Idaho Beauty from the book "More Nickel Quilts" This has been cut since last summer. Have the HSTs done, now need to begin piecing top.

3. Put borders on my floral string top.

Hope you all are staying warm and sewing up a "storm".

Darlene in ME

4 comments:

Sweet P said...

Wow! That is a gorgeous quilt! Are you keeping it or donating it? See you next Sunday.

Gabriele said...

Good job of meeting your goals! Your quilt tops look great!

Roma said...

Beautiful Quilt!!! And your cat look like it belongs there..
Great job on reaching your goals for the week!
Stay warm,
Roma

Sheila said...

Darlene I'm going to leave comments about several of your quilts on this post (sorry!). I love the ones you've posted recently--the batik w/black, the little 9-patch one, and your husband's!! yeah for him, and great for you to convert him to the dark side LOL.
You are an inspiration.

I was reading back to some of your older posts; if you still need help with making that link in a blog post, let me know.