Friday, February 5, 2010

Still sewing!!

Hello Everyone in cyber space!!!

It is a bright sunny, but cold day here in Maine. I plan on staying in and spending most of my day sewing. I am currantly working on pink/purple/white string blocks. Felt like doing something different.

I just finished trimming some novelty blocks that I finished last month. Trimming is my least favorite part of the process. Since I make large stacks of blocks at a time, my trimming gets done a little at a time.

I am almost done trimming up the red/white/blue blocks I have been working on. Should have those all trimmed and counted by this evening. I started a list on my side bar to tally my string blocks for the year. I like to watch the numbers grow. This will keep me motivated.

Last Saturday I spent the day in NH sewing with a great bunch of women. We had a wonderful day!! So glad I got a chance to meet them all. It is always great to make new quilting friends. Our machines hummed for about 7 hours!!!

I never did get a chance for photos. Camera batteries were dead. (heavy sigh) I really need to make charging batteries habit. I know that lots of photos were posted on the HeartStrings yahoo group. This is where we all met in cyber space. So nice to put faces to names.

Will have photos of some tops soon. Hoping to put together a novelty string top and a r/w/b string top this weekend. Just need to decide how big I am going to set them and if I am using borders or not.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Darlene

No comments: