Friday, February 12, 2010

Two more tops done!!!

Hello Everyone,


It is another cold, but clear day here in Maine. I am glad about that. The snow can stay away!!!

This first picture is of my green and yellow string top. I love the way it came out. I cannot take credit for the setting. A year or two ago I saw a blue and yellow string top set this way. I made a copy of the picture for my "someday" file. When I started thinking about making green and yellow string blocks, the picture, literally, fell out of my file and onto the floor. Someone out in the world is meant to have this quilt. So, whoever you are that was the original inspiration for this quilt, I and the future recipient thank you for sharing your artistic talent with us.



This next photo is my pink/purple/white string top. This is a very girly quilt. there are several more like this in my future. I still have lots of pink strings. Purple strings are getting scarce, but I will think of something. Anyone out in cyber space have purple they don't want anymore??? :)

Both of these quilts will go to a homeless shelter this coming winter. I like making string quilts for the shelters, because they are pieced on a foundation and therefore, are a bit warmer and heavier.


I wandered around my sewing area after finishing these two tops this morning, trying to decide what to do next. Decided I am still in a string mood, so cut the rest of my foundation fabric and started another green and yellow set. I think I have just enough foundations for another top.


What is going on in your sewing room??


Darlene

8 comments:

Roma said...

Darlene,
I just love reading what you are doing!! if we lived closer I would surely load you down with fabrics..
Keep the machine going..

Sheila said...

Both of those look fantastic, Darlene. I'm partial to the green/yellow, though! You are a machine.

Lori in South Dakota said...

I am cleaning up projects I have unfinished. Now I have almost three more to the tops stage. Mostly all that is left is the quilting. Pretty soon there will be a quilting marathon.

Pattilou said...

Nice Quilts! The green and yellow is very bright and cheery. Funny I don't buy enough purple and it goes with many other colors so well. Keep busy! <<>>

Kathie said...

Love the green and yellow one.

kathie L.

Helen in the UK said...

Particularly like that green and yellow star - very fresh :)

Deborah said...

Fantastic variation in the green star

quiltingbonnie said...

Great work, U do a great job on your string quilts