Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Three quilt tops done!!

Hello Everyone,


I finished three donation tops this week. This first photo is a string quilt made with all kid's novelty prints. I used a bright lime green for the center strips and it will be bound in a bright green. This will go to a long term homeless shelter this coming winter.

These next two photos are also string quilts. I used all red, white, and blue strings. I have my friend Bev to thank for the many patriotic scraps. I used all the same blue for the center strings. I feel it brings a nice balance to all the different fabrics.
On one top I used a smaller inner border of red and a larger outer border of navy blue with stars. That quilt will be bound in the same red. On the other top, I used the same red and blue, but reversed the placements. The second top will be bound in the blue.


On a stashbusting note.....all three of these quilts came from stash. I used all but one strip of the blue with stars, so none of that went back into stash. That last lone strip got put into my container of red/white/blue strings.


I am currently working on another set of string blocks. These are being done in greens and yellows. Never did this combo before, but I am liking how they are coming out. I hope to have that top done by the end of this weekend.


I also have a set of pink/purple/white string blocks done. Well, almost done. I recounted and found I am 3 blocks short, so will need to get those done this week, also. I would like to get this top done by the end of the weekend, also.


After finishing these next two string tops, I plan on working on a personal project or two. I have a number of finished tops that I got backings for already. I just need to piece the backings and cut the batting. I want those ready to go for quilting. I also have a quilt that I am making for a friend. It is the "Stretched Star" pattern from the "Nickel Quilts" book.


What are you working on??


Darlene

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow - those quilts are great. I especially love the lime green centered one!

val said...

How Inspiring your string quilts are! I am just getting started on this exciting way to patch and am making quilts for our wounded soldiers here in the UK. It is a privilege and an honour.
Blessings,
Val